When we use a computer to open any application, we can receive the message about api-ms-win-crt-runtime error. This is a fault that we meet quite a lot and cause a lot of influence and reserve for the user. When being notified like that, not everyone can fix it and not everyone knows the cause of it. We will show you how to fix the api-ms-win-crt-runtime error that we have all come across at some point or another. It is very simple and easy to solve, so just follow our quick guide.
How many kinds of api-ms-win-crt-runtime?
There are a lot of types of this error, but two kinds are more popular is api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll and api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is misssing. And now we will learn something about these errors.
What is api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error?
The api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error occurs when that specific file can’t be accessed by Windows. This could be for a number of reasons, most likely the file has been corrupted and needs to be recovered or reinstalled.
How to fix the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error
As with most software applications, fixing or reinstalling it is the best way for any error. The api-ms-win-crt-runtime file is a piece of the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. You can test if you have this on your machine by going to Add or Remove programs, and you will locate it in the list there.
You can try some steps below to repair the error.
Check for Windows Updates
- Start at the bottom left of your screen and input ‘update’ into the box and choose ‘Windows update’.
- The ‘check for updates’ option should show at the top. Click that to unlock it.
- Select the ‘Check for updates’ switch that is on show.
- If there is something to set up Windows will say so, so make sure you choose ‘Install updates’ when you see it pop up.
If you have something to download and set up, then do so and start your computer again.
Fix the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 file.
Locate your way back into add/remove programs, and find the way to the above file that is ‘Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015’.
- Right click on it, and choose Change.
- A new window will open and will permit you to select the ‘Repair’ option.
- Finish the steps as prompted by the repair conjurer.
Manually download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 directly from Microsoft
If you are still unlucky with the above options then you can download the software manually.
- Head over to this download link on Microsoft’s website and choose the download button.
- Choose your system type x64 or x86.
- The file will begin to download. When it is done, double click the download and follow the guides to finish the installation.
What is api–ms–win–crt–runtime–l1–1–1–0.dll is missing?
When you are unsuccessful to open a program or a file on your Windows computer, and you are seeing this text: “The program can not start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem”. It can be super unsatisfying.
But you do not have to be frighten because you are not the only one. In this article, you are relieved to know it is quite easy to put to rights. You only have to read on and discover how…
How do I fix the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error?
As the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file is comprising in the software, we can work out this problem through installing the software:
- Install the software through Windows update
- Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Microsoft straightly
- Fix the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on your computer
- Duplicate the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file from your friends’s PC
Method 1: Install the software through Windows Update
Microsoft has put up Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 in Windows Update KB2999226. So you can install it through Windows Update.
- Input Update in the search box from Start. Then you can choose whether Check for updates(Windows 10) or Windows Update (Windows 7) from the result.
- Then tick Check for updates, and Windows should then check for updates spontaneously.
If you use Windows 10, Microsoft will set up the detected updates unconsciously;
In case you use Windows 7, click Install Updates.
- Start again your computer. Then replicate the steps above again until no more updates are accessible.
- Open the same program or the file to see if positively. If you open the program well, that is great! If the error is still existent, don’t need to be worry, there is something else you could try…
Method 2: Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Microsoft straightly
You can select to download the software directly from the official Microsoft website. Here is some steps for you to do it:
- Move to Microsoft Download website.
- Click Download.
- Choose your system type x64 or x86(x32), then click Next.
- It then begin to download the file.
- When it is done, double-click the downloaded .exe file and pursue the on-screen guides to finish the installation.
- Open the similar program or the file to see if positively. If you open the program successfully, that’s wonderful! If the error still lives, don’t worry, you can choose Method 3.
Method 3: Fix the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on your computer
If you have already had the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on your computer, you can try to fix it for this problem.
- Input control in the search box from the Start menu, then choose Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Features under the Small icons
- Select Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, then Change and choose Repair.
- Click Yes when hurried by User Account Control and go on following the on-screen guides to finish the repair.
Method 4: Duplicate the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file from your friends’s PC
If unluckily, all the previous ways can not fix this problem, you can copy the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file from a PC that runs the similar Windows system as yours.
Part 1: You have to check your Windows system kind and locate a computer that runs the same scheme with yours.
- Choose theWindows logo key to bring up the Search box.
- Input system informationand then pick out System Information.
- After that, you will set eyes on the system type of the computer.
Part 2: Duplicate the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file from the working computer and then paste it to the problem computer.
- On the control panel of the working computer, select the Windows logo keyand E at the same time to bring up the File Explorer.
- Move toC:\Windows\System32, then input api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll and press Enter. If it displays no results, go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 as a substitute and look for api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
- Copy the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file if you find it and paste into thesame location as where you duplicate the file in your problem computer.
Api-ms-win-crt-runtime is a problem that usually happens with computer. With some information above, we hope you will have more knowledge about this error. In addition, if you have problem, please call the support department for help.