If you are a designer, photographer or graphic designer, you will absolutely know about Wacom. And sometimes you will get an error about api – ms – win – crt – runtime – l1 – 1 – 0.dll is missing. If your computer has not been fixed this error, the process of using your computer will show off persistent error messages to you. This is a very irritating problem for you.
What is api – ms – win – crt – runtime – l1 – 1 – 1 – 0.dll is missing?
When you are unsuccessful to open a program or a file on your Windows computer, and you are seeing this text: “The program can not start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem”. It can be super unsatisfying.
But you do not have to be frighten because you are not the only one. In this article, you are relieved to know it is quite easy to put to rights. You only have to read on and discover how…
Note: You can not download .dll file from any dll download website! The .dll files on them are not updated, the source is not accepted, either. And there are some occasion that you should not do that. But if you have already downloaded one, please delete it from tip to toe.
Why is api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing?
The api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file is containing in Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. If there is no this software, or your enduring one is losing, unsuited or immoral, you could almost certainly then contend with this problem.
How do you fix the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error?
As the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file is comprising in the software, we can work out this problem through installing the software:
Note: If you have had Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Stadio 2015 on your computer before, you can follow the third way to repair the software.
- Install the software through Windows update
- Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Microsoftstraightly
- Fix the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on your computer
- Duplicate the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file from your friends’s PC
Method 1: Install the software through Windows Update
Microsoft has put up Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 in Windows Update KB2999226. So you can install it through Windows Update.
- Input Update in the search box from Start. Then you can choose whether Check for updates(Windows 10) or Windows Update (Windows 7) from the result.
- Then tick Check for updates, and Windows should then check for updates spontaneously.
If you use Windows 10, Microsoft will set up the detected updates unconsciously;
In case you use Windows 7, click Install Updates.
- Start again your computer. Then replicate the steps above again until no more updates are accessible.
- Open the same program or the file to see if positively. If you open the program well, that is great! If the error is still existent, don’t need to be worry, there is something else you could try…
Method 2: Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Microsoft straightly
You can select to download the software directly from the official Microsoft website. Here is some steps for you to do it:
- Move to Microsoft Download website.
- Click Download.
- Choose your system type x64 or x86(x32), then click Next.
Note: If you are not certain what system kind your Windows runs, check like these: type system in the search box from the Start menu, then click System (Windows 10) or System Information (Windows 7). You then find out your system form on the pop-up window.
- It then begin to download the file.
- When it is done, double-click the downloaded .exe file and pursue the on-screen guides to finish the installation.
- Open the similar program or the file to see if positively. If you open the program successfully, that’s wonderful! If the error still lives, don’t worry, you can choose Method 3.
Method 3: Fix the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on your computer
If you have already had the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on your computer, you can try to fix it for this problem.
- Input control in the search box from the Start menu, then choose Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Features under the Small icons
- Select Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, then Change and choose Repair.
- Click Yes when hurried by User Account Control and go on following the on-screen guides to finish the repair.
Method 4: Duplicate the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file from your friends’s PC
If unluckily, all the previous ways can not fix this problem, you can copy the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file from a PC that runs the similar Windows system as yours.
Part 1: You have to check your Windows system kind and locate a computer that runs the same scheme with yours.
- Choose theWindows logo key to bring up the Search box.
- Input system information and then pick out System Information.
- After that, you will set eyes on the system type of the computer.
Part 2: Duplicate the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file from the working computer and then paste it to the problem computer.
- On the control panel of the working computer, select the Windows logo keyand E at the same time to bring up the File Explorer.
- Move toC:\Windows\System32, then input api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll and press Enter. If it displays no results, go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 as a substitute and look for api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
- Copy the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file if you find it and paste into thesame location as where you duplicate the file in your problem computer.
Note: Keep in mid that not every computer with the same system type has the dll file you want to restore, so this method is not always successful either.
Api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing is a problem that usually happens with computer. Here are some information we want to give you about this problem. Hopefully, through this article, you will have more knowledge about this application. In addition, if you have problem with this software, please call the support department for help.